Everybody needs a place comprises of comforts so that after a long-tired day they can experience leisurely relief. One of the comforts in this category is named as electricity. Electricity is that invincible thing which has removed darkness from our lives and has brightened every phase of human activity.
Since nothing is perfect in this world, even electricity and its devices have problems and thus needed to be fixed. Now, comes the role of an electrician. Electricians help us to enjoy our comfort zone which comprises of devices; run on electricity.
Role of an Electrician
An electrician is a person who has a rich knowledge about electrical appliances, machines and electrical wiring of buildings or homes.
The skills of the electricians should be the following:
1. Electricians just don’t need to know about the principles of electricity or types of generators; they also must have practical knowledge and skills.
2. They must have the capability to understand technical drawings, building plans and wiring diagrams.
3. They need to know how to control and install electrical wiring and appliances.
Works of an electrician
1. Electricians can work either indoor or outdoor, depends upon the type of work they have.
2. Electricians repair or replace electrical appliances when it breaks as soon as possible, just to avoid any inconvenience.
3. Electricians install and maintain all the electrical systems for all the domestic and corporate.
4. They also maintain the equipment which are used for electricity.
5. They also install and maintain machines used in large factories.
6. Electricians precisely detect and maintain all equipment and then upgrade them if required, for proper functioning.
7. They also can replace items such as circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, or wire. For this they must have proper knowledge about all these products and appliances.
8. Electricians, who are responsible for electrical work for homeowners, may rewire a home, can replace an old fuse box or fix a device to accommodate additional appliances, or they may setup new lighting and other electric household items, such as tube light.
9. Electricians also play a smart role in factories. In factories, huge amount of electricity is required every day. So, to avoid any discrepancy which may lead to significant loss, electricians replace and maintain equipment present in factories or in electrical or electronic machines.
Types of Electricians
There are different types of electricians like,
1. Domestic Electricians
Domestic electricians work on domestic things. They are one of the most common electrician.
2. Installation Electricians
These type of electricians are required for installing circuits for lighting, security, power, fire protection systems and structure cabling.
They can work at various places, from construction sites to commercial properties.
3. Maintenance Electricians
Maintenance electricians are responsible for maintaining the working status of electrical devices.
They keep on checking the progress of all devices.
4. Instrumentation Electricians
This job involves commissioning, testing, fault finding and repairing building electrical appliances such as large air conditioning units, heating and refrigeration.
5. Electrical Machine Repairers & Re-winders
Electrical machine repairers and re-winders are those who have a great knowledge about repairing and maintaining appliances machinery such as transformers, compressors, pumps and fans within buildings.
6. Highway Electrical Systems Electricians
Skilled specialist having information of highway electrical systems ensure that our street lighting, including traffic management systems are continuously maintained.
As electricity is an accolade given to us which let us enjoy pleasures of life at every phase, thus we need electricians from different fields which help us to maintain our pleasure.