Water tanks are containers used to store water for numerous purposes; whether it is for drinking water, irrigation purposes, fire suppression etc. the list goes on. Since the insides of water tanks are moist all the time (for good reason seeing as how they contain water) the environment is perfect for the growth of germs, bacteria and fungi. As a result water tanks have to be cleaned regularly and thoroughly to ensure, mainly, the safe consumption of water. Usually water tanks are cleaned at least twice a year (maybe more depending on the size) to make sure that you get rid of mildew, mold and fungi. You can call water tank cleaning services in Zirakpur at your convenience.
There are a couple of steps that need to be taken to ensure that your water tank has been disinfected thoroughly. Make sure that whoever comes over to clean your tank follows through with all these steps:
- Empty the tank: Make sure the tank is emptied of all water
- Clean the walls: Scrub the inner walls of the tank thoroughly and then pressure wash it off for good measure to make sure all the dirt and mud has been removed completely.
- Rinse out the tank: You don’t want any dirt remaining in the tank when you carry out the next steps as it will interfere with the cleaning process.
- Mix a solution of bleach and water: 1 tablespoon of bleach for every gallon of water. Scrub the inner walls of the tank using this solution and let it rest there for at least 2 hours.
- Rinse the tank: After the 2 hours rinse the tank thoroughly with clean water. Make sure it is thoroughly cleaned; you don’t want the taste of disinfectant in your drinking water.
The above steps are for tanks that are accessible for cleaning. In case you have tanks that aren’t accessible for cleaning make sure the service follows the instructions given below to the letter:
- Fill the tank to the brim with water
- Add the appropriate amount of bleach to the tank (this varies according to the size of the tank and how much water it can hold)
- To disinfect your plumbing lines turn on your taps and leave them on until you can smell chlorine.
- Leave the solution in the tanks overnight (at least 12 hours) to make sure it is thoroughly disinfected.
- Afterwards rinse the tank with clean water to clean it completely.
- Tank is then ready to be filled with drinking water.
Whilst you can clean your water tanks at home it is always best to hire professionals to do the cleaning as they have the proper equipment and tools that facilitates efficient cleaning of the water tank. Just make sure the cleaning crew follows through with all the steps given above for both kinds of water tanks to make sure it is efficiently cleaned and ready to be filled with drinking water.
Water tank cleaning services in Mohali promises to deliver the best maintenance services at reasonable prices.