Check out the common appliances in homes with their working conditions as well as the electricity they consume. A list of these appliances is:
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioner
Television or just TV is the finest invention of all time. It let a person at one end to enjoy the beauty of world at other end.
Today, a home is incomplete without a TV since it is the integral part of our life. It updates us by daily news of world around us.
TV’s camera, transmitter and receiver play an important role in its working. Its camera co
Transmitter transfer this signal to various places where TV connection is available. Whenever, these signals are captured by the receiver of television it again converts those signals into the picture and audio which is needed to display on the television screen.
Earlier we have televisions, called as Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) television. There working based on the CRT which was little bit complex and its picture quality was not so good.
Working conditions of Television
Mainly a TV requires voltage between 100 to 300 watts for its functioning. Voltage required by television depends upon:
Size of TV
Bigger the size, more voltage is needed for operation.
Type of technology
It defines the technology on which a TV is working. For example, earlier we had CRT based televisions, which consumes around 80 watts electricity. Today all TV consumes more than 100 watts.
Generally, brightness can be controlled through manual settings. But it is an important factor in deciding how much electricity a TV can consume on this factor.
- Signals or network are necessary for the working of TV. Its transmitter catches the signals and show them to its display or television screen.
- Thus, TV should be installed in such manner which will let you watch your favourite show without any hindrance.
Refrigerator or fridge plays an important role in keeping our eatables and food fresh for long time. It has main advantages in summer, since it’s a season in which cold things are in demand and refrigerator completes the need of that time.
Refrigerator have low temperature as compared to its surrounding and thus placing things in it extends their tenure.
Two factors define the working of refrigerator:
- Thermal insulation: Thermal insulation ensures that no heat will pass through the interface of the object.
- Heat pump: It pumps out the heat residing inside the fridge to the surrounding and eventually, lowers the temperature inside of fridge.
So from the above factors we can conclude that refrigerator is thermally insulated and consists of heat pump. Combining these factors lead to the cooling effects of refrigerator.
Working conditions of Refrigerator
Refrigerator consumes around 700 watts to 1200 watts of electricity. However, refrigerator takes less watts if compressor is off.
Prevention from direct sun rays
Refrigerator needs to be placed out of reach of the direct sunlight. This is because when direct sun rays fall on the cooling elements of fridge it needs to fight more against sunlight and to maintain lower temperature than surrounding.
Washing machine is the gadget which eases our work of washing clothes. It saves our time since while our clothes are being washed, we can utilise that time in some other activity.
Washing machine are available in different sizes and they occupy a small area of your home to carry out its task.
Working of washing machines involves:
- Inner drum: This the drum in which we drop our clothes for washing and which is visible to us.
- Outer drum: This drum is not visible to us but it plays important role in washing. It surrounds the inner drum and holds it when it rotates back and forth to wash clothes.
- Programmer: 1. Programmer is the device which let you wash your clothes without any tension. You just need to put your clothes into the washing machine and it will do all work for you including rinsing. 2. There are many advanced programmer which even can check whether the water is cold or hot and at what temperature they are needed to wash. 3. There are also many washing machines which don’t have programmer. In such washing machines, manual work is needed at regular interval whenever different task is needed.
So from the above, we can define the working of washing machine which makes our everyday task easy and time saving.
Working conditions of Washing Machine
Washing machine needs 300 to 500 watts for its operation. It’s the safest working condition for the washing machine.
Never overload your washing machine, often it starts vibrating and can lead to many other problems in future.
This appliance become the crucial part of our life when hot summer with scorching sunlight come. It let you enjoy cooling effects even in summer and let you relaxed.
Air conditioner filters air inside the room and make it clean to breathe. It also increases the working efficiency of human by giving favourable conditions to work.
The working of air conditioner involves three main components:
It is the component which accumulate the hot air from the surrounding with the help of refrigerant gas. Role of liquid refrigerant come into play when it absorbs heat and evaporates as a gas.
Compressor is installed outside of house or in the outer opening. It compresses the refrigerant gas into the liquid.
It is also present outside of the house. It takes the refrigerant from the compressor and removes the heat from it. The heat is then throws out of the room or house.
So, from the above points, we can define the working of Air conditioner.
Working conditions of Air Conditioner
Voltage required by AC ranges between 500 to 3500 watts depending upon what type of AC we are using.
For example these are data:
- Central Air Conditioner – 3500 Watts
- Central A/C Fan Only – Compressor Off – 750 Watts
- Largest Window Units – 1440 Watts
- Medium Window Unit – 900 Watts
- Smallest Window Unit – 500 Watts
You need to check the filters of AC regularly so that air can cool easily through evaporators. One who uses AC frequently, need to change filters more regularly.
Oven is the gadget which helps you in baking, cooking and heating your food and
eatables. It is the easiest method for cooking.
There are various benefits of using oven such as:
- Fast: You can cook food in oven faster than any alternative method.
- Safe: Oven doesn’t involve usage of fire thus, it is much safe to use.
- Cleanliness: It’s very easy to clean the oven if food scattered during cooking and hence easy to maintain.
Electric ovens use electricity to cook the food. They convert electricity into heat to complete their task.
First, dialer present on the oven is set to on. Then electricity runs through the coil and the metal present inside of oven heats up.
Dialer adjust what amount of electricity is in need for cooking.
Working conditions of OVEN
Voltage required by electric oven ranges between 220 and 240 volts at 60 hertz frequency.
Since ovens use electricity thus before working on the oven check all the wiring and connections to avoid electric spark and firing.
Geyser helps in heating up the cold water which we can use comfortably specially, in cold weather. It is helpful since it make the water warm quickly without any manual efforts.
Working conditions of GEYSER
Its operation is based on electricity as well as it involves heating up of water and combining both of them can cause severe disaster. Thus, after installing your geyser check out all connections carefully to avoid any serious condition in future.